The vaginal contraceptive film is a thin square film that releases spermicide and it is a hormone-free film. It is used by women inside the vagina and there it gets dissolved and produces nonoxynol to kill sperms. Women can use it every time having intercourse as it is safe and secure. Once you placed it inside the vagina it converts into a gel to feel comfortable. The best thing about the VCF it prevents pregnancy by blocking cervix opening and stops sperms to enter the uterus.
Most women have complained of unwanted pregnancy but using the VCF you can enjoy intimate life without any stress. After inserting, it absorbs vaginal secretion and then works as a barrier for sperms. It is very effective and has been tested by offering effective prevention against pregnancy. VCF is the best option for women to weight their contraception choice without any confusion.
The process of VCF to prevent unwanted pregnancy
We all know that women get pregnant when sperms enter the uterus through the vagina. Then in the uterus its fertilize eggs released from ovaries at the time of ovulation. This takes time but you can stop the pregnancy process using VCF during intercourse. When you will use the VCF by putting inside the vagina it turns into gel within 15 minutes and covers the cervix. Cervix is the entrance to the uterus. This way it stops the entering of sperms inside the uterus and does not allow it to reach eggs.
Simultaneously, VCF also kills sperm as it has consisted of spermicide. It means now you can enjoy intercourse with partners without the tension of pregnancy. This also makes you and your partner feel comfortable. Even-thought after inserting it, you will not feel that something present there.
Effectiveness of the VCF
We all know that today in the market there are many protection materials. But all do not have perfect effective and result women get pregnant. On the other hand, when you use VCF it will absorb vaginal secretion and dissolve into a thick gel. This way it creates a strong barrier for sperms. Women can use it alone as its effect is very strong with 95% guaranteed to prevent pregnancy. It means if you will use VCF in correct and proper form every time during intercourse. This means out of 100 women 5 will get pregnant when using it for one year.
Some women get pregnant due to their incorrect use and risk of pregnancy. It is very important to know how to use it properly.
The perfect method for using VFC for effective result
The method is very simple and easy then only you can use it without any hassle. You have to place VCF within the vagina to close the cervix entrance of the uterus.
For this make sure that hands or if using any tool should be clean and safe. Then fold film of VCF over the finger or tool and now push it deep inside the vagina as you can. For effective result follow instructions carefully avails in the packet. For more effectiveness, you should move fingers while inserting VCF into the cervix.
After using the VCF you should wait for 15 minutes for converting into the gel. One dose of spermicide usually works for 1 hour. After having intercourse you should not immediately remove it and place it to ensure the killing of sperms. During this time you should not wash or clean the vagina.
If you are using foam of VCF then firstly, shake it properly and fill the applicator. After this, insert the applicator inside the vagina and now push the plunger for the deposit of the spermicide into the vagina. With proper use only it can show effective results and prevent unwanted pregnancy.
For using the VCF you do not need any prescription from a doctor. You can directly buy a box of VCF from the pharmacy. But before purchasing you should check expiry date from preventing any kind of allergy.
Side effects of using VFC
It has included rare side effects such as.
- Sometimes women feel itching in the vagina.
- VCF also produces irritations in the vagina or partners’ penis. This also creates a feeling of burning at the time of urinating.
- It can also have slight inflammation in the vagina at the time of using.
- It can also lead to yeast infections but it is very rare.
- The use of VCF can also lead to white discharge in large quantities.
- Some women have also found an allergic reaction.
- It can create a risk of urinary tract infections.
But at the same time, these side effects depend on the quantity of usage of VCF. If you feel any allergy or discomfit while using VCF so you should stop using it. If the issue gets big then immediately visit to doctor.
Advantage of VCF
- The best thing about the VCF as it starts working immediately you placed within the vagina.
- Using it is very easy and simple.
- With the use of VCF, there is no change in the body.
- It does not provide any hormonal side effects. Works perfectly to control birth hormonal.
- The use of VCF is not as messy as a contrast to other precautions.
- It easily gets discreet.
The disadvantage of VCF use
- VCF is not able to prevent the transmission of sexual infections includes HIV/AIDS.
- Every time you have intercourse use a new one and then wait for 15 minutes.
- Sometimes using it irritates the vagina.
- While placing it inside the vagina you should feel comfortable otherwise, it creates an issue.
- You can’t use VCF is a partner is allergic to spermicide.
When you are not ready to get pregnant and want to have safe intercourse then easily opt for VCF. In-sum VCF is perfect for preventing pregnancy and allows both partners to have stress free intercourse. It is not-hormonal birth control and stops sperms to get inside the cervix.